...Peace Love Yoga...

Monday, November 22, 2010

Daily dose of Gratitude...

With Thanksgiving on my mind I started thinking about what I was thankful for... Truly Thankful. This thought actually started when I got a card from one of my preschoolers parents that said, "Thank you for taking such good care of our little angel and for planning fun activities for the class. We are thankful for you." In addition to the large smile to my face, my insides were glowing. Telling someone how much they mean to you large or small, in few words or many words, will make their heart smile. To this parent the care of her child is most important and she let the teacher know just how thankful she was. What a novice idea!

So this Thanksgiving I challenge you to understand the importance of giving back - and being thankful for what you have - to tie it all together. Gratitude is the antidote to materialism. Materialism is obsessing on what you desire. Gratitude is appreciating what you have, whether it be a person or the roof over your head.

To get more Gratitude into your life, use these words daily; grateful, thankful, gift, lucky, fortunate. Realizing and acknowledging all the wonderful things that surround you will make you feel like the richest person in the world.

Remember, there is always something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment